: a whole made up of complicated or interrelated parts
- a complex of welfare programs
- the military-industrial complex
: a group of culture traits relating to a single activity (such as hunting), process (such as use of flint), or culture unit
: a group of repressed desires and memories that exerts a dominating influence upon the personality
: an exaggerated reaction to or preoccupation with a subject or situation
- He has always had a complex about spiders.
- She has a weight complex.
- Not being able to find a job was giving me a complex.
: a group of obviously related units of which the degree and nature of the relationship is imperfectly known
: the sum of factors (such as symptoms) characterizing a disease or condition
- primary tuberculous complex
: a chemical association of two or more species (such as ions or molecules) joined usually by weak electrostatic bonds rather than covalent bonds
: a building or group of buildings housing related units