: having a part in something : included in something
- unable to identify those who were involved
- She was involved in a lawsuit.
: actively participating in something
- an involved citizen active in local politics
: having a romantic or sexual relationship
- warned her not to get romantically involved
: marked by extreme and often needless or excessive complexity
- a long and involved story
: difficult to deal with because of complexity or disorder
- Her husband had been extravagant; and at his death … had left his affairs dreadfully involved.
- —Jane Austen
: being affected or implicated
- … dealing with … the most severely involved patients
- —R. J. Thomas
\in-ˈväl-vəd-lē, -ˈvȯl- also -ˈvä-vəd- or -ˈvȯ-\