:to convey knowledge of or information about :make known
- She communicated her ideas to the group.
:to reveal by clear signs
- His fear communicated itself to his friends.
- He communicated his dissatisfaction to the staff.
:to cause to pass from one to another
- Some diseases are easily communicated.
:to receive Communion
- Some Christians communicate in both elements, bread and wine.
:to transmit information, thought, or feeling so that it is satisfactorily received or understood
- two sides failing to communicate with each other
- The computer communicates with peripheral equipment.
:to open into each other :connect