variants: or less commonly asymmetrical digital subscriber line
Definition of asymmetric digital subscriber line
: a digital subscriber line in which information is transferred faster in one direction than the other That is because Mr. Scaglia faces formidable competition from Telecom Italia, which is focusing on a less effective but also much less expensive broadband alternative known as ADSL (asymmetric digital subscriber line), which uses the telephone company's existing copper wires.— Eric Sylvers —abbreviation ADSL
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game