Definition of air-cure
- It usually takes about two months to air-cure tobacco, and less time if artificial heat is used.
- —Wilfred W. Robbins, The Botany of Crop Plants, 1917
- air-cured meats
- … it also makes sausage the old fashioned way, allowing it to air-cure in unrefrigerated rooms.
- —Dana Bowen, Saveur, October 2007
- In the case of air curing, the process has changed little over the past fifty years.
- —Alan Rodgman and Thomas A. Perfetti, The Chemical Components of Tobacco and Tobacco Smoke, 2009