air-cureverb, transitive + intransitive
Definition of air-cure
: to dry or preserve a product by exposure to air It usually takes about two months to air-cure tobacco, and less time if artificial heat is used.— Wilfred W. Robbins, The Botany of Crop Plants, 1917 air-cured meats … it also makes sausage the old fashioned way, allowing it to air-cure in unrefrigerated rooms.— Dana Bowen, Saveur, October 2007
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game