Definition of air curtain
: an artificially created stream of moving air that is blown across a doorway or other opening to create a barrier (as for repelling flying insects or preventing heat transfer) In addition to requiring the cleanup and repairs, the health inspector also suggested the business install an air curtain at the back door leading to the food preparation room to control flies … — Joseph Deinlein, Evening Sun (Hanover, Pennsylvania), 20 July 2009 The air curtain differs from a solid door as it provides no physical barrier between customer and product …— S. J. James and C. James, Meat Refrigeration, 2002
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game