: in a serious way
: to a large or great degree or extent
: in a sincere manner : earnestly <speaking seriously>
Examples of SERIOUSLY
- No one was seriously injured in the accident.
- I thought seriously about death while I was in the hospital.
- You should seriously consider buying a new car.
- You don't mean that seriously, do you?
- It was so hot that we nearly melted. But seriously, it was hotter than I've ever experienced.
- I think you are seriously mistaken.
First Known Use of SERIOUSLY
Related to SERIOUSLY
- achingly, almighty, archly, awful, awfully, badly, beastly, blisteringly, bone, colossally, corking, cracking, damn, damned, dang, deadly, desperately, eminently, enormously, especially, ever, exceedingly (also exceeding), extra, extremely, fabulously, fantastically, far, fiercely, filthy, frightfully, full, greatly, heavily, highly, hugely, immensely, incredibly, intensely, jolly, majorly, mightily, mighty, monstrous [chiefly dialect], mortally, most, much, particularly, passing, rattling, real, really, right, roaring, roaringly, very, severely, so, sore, sorely, spanking, specially, stinking, such, super, supremely, surpassingly, terribly, that, thumping, too, unco, uncommonly, vastly, vitally, way, whacking, wicked, wildly
- little, negligibly, nominally, slightly, somewhat
Learn More About SERIOUSLY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up seriously? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).