: of, relating to, or characteristic of delirium <delirious mutterings>
: affected with or marked by delirium <delirious with fever> <delirious fans>
— de·lir·i·ous·ly adverb
— de·lir·i·ous·ness noun
Examples of DELIRIOUS
- As the child's temperature went up, he became delirious and didn't know where he was.
- He was delirious with fever.
- a group of delirious fans celebrating the team's victory
First Known Use of DELIRIOUS
Related to DELIRIOUS
- agitated, frantic, distracted, distrait, distraught, frenzied, hysterical (also hysteric)
- collected, composed, recollected, self-collected, self-composed, self-possessed, unhysterical
de·lir·i·ous adjective \di-ˈlir-ē-əs\ (Medical Dictionary)
: of, relating to, or characteristic of delirium
: affected with or marked by delirium
Learn More About DELIRIOUS
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up delirious? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).