bad·ly adverb \ˈbad-lē\
: in a bad manner
: very much : to a great degree
: severely or seriously
: in a bad manner <played badly>
: to a great or intense degree <want something badly>
Examples of BADLY
- He played badly but I played even worse.
- The failure reflects badly on the administration.
- She wanted the job badly.
- I'm badly in need of a vacation.
- His fingers were badly frozen.
First Known Use of BADLY
Related to BADLY
- bad, deficiently, inadequately, lousily, poorly, unacceptably, unsatisfactorily, wretchedly
- acceptably, adequately, all right, fine, good, nicely, OK (or okay), palatably, passably, satisfactorily, so-so, tolerably, well
Next Word in the Dictionary: badly offPrevious Word in the Dictionary: bad lotAll Words Near: badly
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up badly? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).