: very much <depressed me mightily>
Examples of MIGHTILY
- They contributed mightily to the cause.
- She struggled mightily to read his handwriting.
- The soldiers fought mightily before finally surrendering.
First Known Use of MIGHTILY
before 12th century
Related to MIGHTILY
- achingly, almighty, archly, awful, awfully, badly, beastly, blisteringly, bone, colossally, corking, cracking, damn, damned, dang, deadly, desperately, eminently, enormously, especially, ever, exceedingly (also exceeding), extra, extremely, fabulously, fantastically, far, fiercely, filthy, frightfully, full, greatly, heavily, highly, hugely, immensely, incredibly, intensely, jolly, majorly, very, mighty, monstrous [chiefly dialect], mortally, most, much, particularly, passing, rattling, real, really, right, roaring, roaringly, seriously, severely, so, sore, sorely, spanking, specially, stinking, such, super, supremely, surpassingly, terribly, that, thumping, too, unco, uncommonly, vastly, vitally, way, whacking, wicked, wildly
- little, negligibly, nominally, slightly, somewhat
Learn More About MIGHTILY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up mightily? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).