Synonyms and Antonyms of purloin
- The studio stepped up security, fearing that someone might attempt to purloin a copy of the script for the show's season finale.
make away with, make off with, run off with, walk off with
Synonym Discussion of purloin
- steal jewels
- stole a look at the gifts
- pilfered from his employer
- filched an apple from the tray
- printed a purloined document
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up purloin? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).