Synonyms & Antonyms of protective
intended to resist or prevent attack or aggression
- the cat drew back its ears and sank into a protective posture as the dog approached it
Synonyms for protective
Words Related to protective
Near Antonyms for protective
Antonyms for protective
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game