Synonyms & Antonyms of overseer
a person who watches and directs the work of other people in order to be sure that a job is done correctly
- She was named overseer of new product development.
- government/industry overseers
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for overseer
- straw boss,
- boss man,
- (also tsar or tzar),
- (also tsarina or tzarina),
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for overseer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game