past tense of misstate
Synonyms & Antonyms of misstated
See the Dictionary Definition
to change so much as to create a wrong impression or alter the meaning of
- it was important that the spokesperson not misstate the company's position to the media
Synonyms for misstated
Words Related to misstated
Near Antonyms for misstated
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game