past tense of palter
Synonyms of paltered
See the Dictionary Definition
to talk over or dispute the terms of a purchase
- unwilling to palter over the price of the car
Synonyms for paltered
Words Related to paltered
Phrases Synonymous with paltered
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game