Synonyms and Antonyms of fought
- a proud people who have fiercely fought all invaders of their homeland
banged, bashed, batted, battered, beat, belted, bludgeoned, bopped, buffeted, clobbered, hammered, hit, knocked, pasted, pounded, punched, slammed, slapped, slogged, slugged, smacked, smote, socked, struck, swatted, swiped, thumped, thwacked, walloped, whacked, whaled
- a civil rights leader who dedicated his life to fighting prejudice
- everyone on that street seems to be fighting to see who can create the gaudiest holiday lighting display
- if you kids continue to fight, I'm turning this car around and we're heading back home!
- I tried to fight the temptation to eat another cookie—and lost
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up fought? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).