Synonyms & Antonyms of lose ground
to move back or away (as from something difficult, dangerous, or disagreeable)
- We need a new strategy because we keep losing ground to the other team.
Synonyms for lose ground
Words Related to lose ground
Phrases Synonymous with lose ground
Near Antonyms for lose ground
Antonyms for lose ground
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game