keep one's eyes open (for)phrase
variants: or keep one's eyes peeled (for)
Synonyms & Antonyms of keep one's eyes open (for)
to be cautious of or on guard against
- Mother always warned us to keep our eyes open for for other dangerous drivers.
- The officer kept her eyes peeled for any signs of suspicious activity in the neighborhood.
Synonyms for keep one's eyes open (for)
Words Related to keep one's eyes open (for)
Phrases Synonymous with keep one's eyes open (for)
Near Antonyms for keep one's eyes open (for)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game