Synonyms and Antonyms of intercalate
- Between the recipes for hearty peasant dishes, the author intercalates fond reminiscences of her year in the French countryside.
Synonym Discussion of intercalate
- introduced a new topic into the conversation
- inserted a clause in the contract
- insinuated himself into the group
- interpolated her own comments into the report
- new chapters intercalated with the old
- interpose barriers to communication
- interjected a question
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up intercalate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).