Synonyms and Antonyms of hall
the entrance room of a building
- The dinner guests hung their coats in the hall.
a typically long narrow way connecting parts of a building
- The bedroom is at the end of the hall.
a large room or building for enclosed public gatherings
- The concert hall was full.
a centrally located room in a building that serves as a gathering or waiting area or as a passageway into the interior
- From the main hall of the museum, turn left to see the ancient pottery collection and turn right to see the mummies.
entranceway, entry, entryway, hallway, vestibule
concourse, corridor, gallery, passageway
antechamber, anteroom, chamber, waiting room
a large impressive residence
- Lord Plentiworth has opened his family's hereditary home, Richley Hall, to visitors on Tuesdays.
abode, domicile, dwelling, habitation, hearth, home, house, lodging(s), pad, place
housing, nest, quarter(s), residency, roof
country house, countryseat
salon, suite, town house
a large, magnificent, or massive building
- On your right, you will see Parliament Hall, a splendid example of Georgian architecture.
construction, erection, structure
castle, château, countryseat, estate, hacienda, manor, manor house, mansion, showplace, villa
mausoleum, memorial, monument