Synonyms and Antonyms of does
- do as much as you can and leave the rest
- did the living room in French provincial style
- I'm doing just fine
- this neighborhood cleanup effort might just do some good
- the laughing partygoers begged their host to do Marlon Brando again
- how are you doing with the house restoration?
- she's done Eliza Doolittle on the stage so many times that she can probably play the flower girl in her sleep
- did them out of their savings with surprising ease
beats, bilks, bleeds, cheats, chisels, chouses, cons, cozens, defrauds, diddles, does in, euchres, fiddles, fleeces, flimflams, gaffs, gyps, hoses [slang], hustles, mulcts, nobbles [British slang], plucks, reams, rips off, rooks, screws, shakes down, shortchanges, shorts, skins, skunks, squeezes, sticks, stiffs, stings, suckers, swindles, thimblerigs, victimizes
- no one is sure who did them in that alley
bashes, bastes, bats, batters, beats, belabors, belts, birches, bludgeons, buffets, bungs up, clubs, curries, drubs, fibs [British], flogs, hammers, hides, laces, lambastes (or lambasts), lashes, lathers, licks, mauls, messes (up), paddles, pelts, pommels, pounds, pummels, punches out, roughs (up), slates, slogs, switches, tans, thrashes, threshes, thumps, tromps, wallops, whales, whips, whops (or whaps), whups, works over
assails, assaults, attacks, besets, boxes, busts, chops, clobbers, clouts, cracks, cudgels, cuffs, descends (on or upon), hits, jumps (on), knocks, lams, lays on, pastes, pounces (on or upon), punches, raids, rushes, slams, slaps, smacks, smashes, socks, spanks, storms, swats, swipes, thwacks, whacks, whams, whomps
- nothing's ever doing in this boring little town
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up does? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).