present tense third-person singular of create
Synonyms & Antonyms of creates
See the Dictionary Definition
to be the cause of (a situation, action, or state of mind)
- it was your negligence that created this mess
Synonyms for creates
Words Related to creates
- sets up,
Phrases Synonymous with creates
Near Antonyms for creates
- clamps down (on),
- cracks down (on),
- puts down,
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game