present tense third-person singular of squelch
Synonyms & Antonyms of squelches
See the Dictionary Definition
1 to put a stop to (something) by the use of force
- immediately squelched any signs of rebellion
Synonyms for squelches
Words Related to squelches
- rubs out,
Phrases Synonymous with squelches
Near Antonyms for squelches
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game