present tense third-person singular of stall
Synonyms & Antonyms of stalls
See the Dictionary Definition
1 to bring (something) to a standstill
- endless complaints stalled the process of selecting the winning design for the memorial
Synonyms for stalls
Words Related to stalls
- holds back,
Near Antonyms for stalls
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game