Synonyms and Antonyms of did
- do as much as you can and leave the rest
- did the living room in French provincial style
- I'm doing just fine
- this neighborhood cleanup effort might just do some good
- the laughing partygoers begged their host to do Marlon Brando again
- how are you doing with the house restoration?
- she's done Eliza Doolittle on the stage so many times that she can probably play the flower girl in her sleep
- did them out of their savings with surprising ease
beat, bilked, bled, cheated, chiseled (or chiselled), choused, conned, cozened, defrauded, diddled, did in, euchred, fiddled, fleeced, flimflammed, gaffed, gypped, hosed [slang], hustled, mulcted, nobbled [British slang], plucked, reamed, ripped off, rooked, screwed, shook down, shortchanged, shorted, skinned, skunked, squeezed, stiffed, stuck, stung, suckered, swindled, thimblerigged, victimized
- no one is sure who did them in that alley
bashed, basted, batted, battered, beat, belabored, belted, birched, bludgeoned, buffeted, bunged up, clubbed, curried, drubbed, fibbed [British], flogged, hammered, hided, laced, lambasted, lashed, lathered, licked, mauled, messed (up), paddled, pelted, pommeled (or pommelled), pounded, pummeled (also pummelled), punched out, roughed (up), slated, slogged, switched, tanned, thrashed, threshed, thumped, tromped, walloped, whaled, whipped, whopped (or whapped), whupped, worked over
assailed, assaulted, attacked, beset, boxed, busted (also bust), chopped, clobbered, clouted, cracked, cudgeled (or cudgelled), cuffed, descended (on or upon), hit, jumped (on), knocked, laid on, lammed, pasted, pounced (on or upon), punched, raided, rushed, slammed, slapped, smacked, smashed, socked, spanked, stormed, swatted, swiped, thwacked, whacked, whammed, whomped
- nothing's ever doing in this boring little town
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up did? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).