Synonyms & Antonyms of condolence
a feeling or expression of care and sadness especially when someone is suffering because of the death of a family member, a friend, etc.
- The governor issued a statement of condolence to the victims' families.
- a letter of condolence
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for condolence
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for condolence
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game