Synonyms and Antonyms of blithe
- a blithe, obedient child
blue, brokenhearted, crestfallen, dejected, depressed, despondent, disconsolate, disheartened, down, downcast, downhearted, droopy, forlorn, hangdog, heavyhearted, inconsolable, low, low-spirited, melancholy, mirthless, sorrowful
- He has a blithe attitude about ever having to earn a living because he knows there's a trust fund in his future.
Synonym Discussion of blithe
- a merry group of revelers
- arrived late in his usual blithe way
- singing, dancing, and jocund feasting
- dinner put them in a jovial mood
- our jolly host enlivened the party
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up blithe? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).