Synonyms & Antonyms of stutter
to speak with many involuntary pauses and repetitions
- I used to stutter when I was a child.
- She stutters when she gets excited.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for stutter
- run on,
- (also yack)
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for stutter
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game