Definition of unliberated
: espousing traditional social and sexual attitudes or roles : not liberated I do envy unliberated employers who can get away with asking their secretaries to make coffee.— Linda Grant These young women from an insular New England town are an unliberated lot. Sandy … believes that happiness comes to those who can bake a moist devil's food cake.— Michelle Green
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?