Definition of traumatized
: affected by physical or emotional trauma He has always admitted responsibility for the crash, on the Autobahn between Berlin and Leipzig, which … left him temporarily paralyzed and traumatized.— John Rockwell Patients are less traumatized, require shorter hospital stays, and heal faster than with conventional surgery. Yet despite the benefits, laparoscopy is a challenging procedure.— Kathy A. Svitil Two traumatized plane-crash survivors, played by Jeff Bridges and Rosie Perez, teach each other how to live again.— Peter Travers … the many barriers leading to his conviction: for one, victims too traumatized to press charges.— Eloise Kinney
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?