the international date linenoun
Definition of the international date line
: an imaginary line that runs through the Pacific Ocean from the North Pole to the South Pole and that marks the place where each day officially begins As we crossed the international date line we were suddenly in the next day.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game