Definition of the Left
1 : political groups who favor sharing money and property more equally among the members of a society : political groups who support liberal or socialist policies Members of the Left have voiced their opinion on the matter before Congress.
2 the left : the position of people who support the liberal beliefs and policies of the political Left The party has shifted to the left.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/17/19
- Words with Lost Meanings
- ‘Phase’ vs. ‘Faze’
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game