have (got) nothing left to proveidiom
Definition of have (got) nothing left to prove
: to not have to do anything more to show that one is skillful, successful, etc. I've accomplished everything I wanted to; I've got nothing left to prove.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?