tan·yo·sho pine | \ tänˈyō(ˌ)shō-\
Definition of tanyosho pine
: a low-growing broad-headed ornamental pine that is a variety (Pinus densiflora umbraculifera) of the Japanese red pine
— called also umbrella pine
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game