Examples of supervene in a Sentence
They had a quiet, happy life until the war supervened.
it was not the slow-spreading cancer that caused his death but a supervening heart attack
Synonym Discussion of supervene
- speeches followed the dinner
- she succeeded her father as head of the business
- after the talk a general discussion ensued
- unable to continue because of supervening circumstances
SUPERVENE Defined for English Language Learners
medical Definition of supervene
- the majority of patients die once this complication supervenes
- —Scientific American Medicine
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up supervene? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).