variants: or less commonly sub-sea
Definition of subsea
1 : existing or occurring below the surface of the sea subsea currents The island, an upthrust of volcanic rock, lies along the Norfolk Ridge, an 1,100-mile line of subsea mountains.— Michael Davie
2 : existing or occurring under the seafloor subsea oil wells
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game