step out of lineidiom
Definition of step out of line
: to disobey rules or behave badly If you step out of line, you'll get kicked off the bus.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game