Definition of Silesia
region of east central Europe in the valley of the upper Oder River bordering on the Sudety Mountains
Note: Formerly chiefly in Germany, Silesia is now chiefly in the eastern part of the Czech Republic and southwestern Poland.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game