: a period of time immediately preceding a season
: a training period preceding a sport's regular season in which teams compete in unofficial games
- tourists who visit during the preseason
- The preseason starts in two weeks.
- performed well in (the) preseason
- Quarterback John Friesz was lost for the year in the preseason to knee surgery.
- —Paul Zimmerman
- Dennis Rodman's mysterious boycott finally ended on Monday when he arrived for practice for the first time since the start of preseason.
- —Jack McCallum
the preseason opener/finale