Definition of Silesia
region of east central Europe in the valley of the upper Oder River bordering on the Sudety Mountains
Note: Formerly chiefly in Germany, Silesia is now chiefly in the eastern part of the Czech Republic and southwestern Poland.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game