Origin and Etymology of screw
Definition of screw
- trying to screw up courage to confess
- —Will Scott
- use the available Federal machinery to screw our political enemies
- —J. W. Dean III
- screw you!
Examples of screw in a Sentence
I screwed the boards together.
The cupboards are screwed to the wall.
Screw the cap on tight.
Screw the light bulb into the fixture.
The lid screws onto the jar.
The light bulb screws right in.
SCREW Defined for Kids
Definition of screw for Students
- Remember to screw the lid back on the jar.
- Her face was screwed up with pain.
- He had to screw up his nerve to ask.
medical Definition of screw
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up screw? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).