rin·gent | \ ˈrinjənt\
Definition of ringent
1 : having the lips widely separated and gaping like an open mouth ringent corolla
2 : gaping irregularly the ringent valves of various bivalves
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game