raise the possibilityidiom
Definition of raise the possibility
: to make (something) possible The discovery raises the possibility that a cure for the disease will be found. —often + of The discovery raises the possibility of finding a cure for the disease.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game