Definition of predictably
1 : in a manner that can be predicted works quickly and predictably
2 : as one could predict : as one would expect His reaction was predictably negative. From the beginning, we fell predictably into familiar student roles.— Alexandra Fuller Predictably, Southern's fans were not pleased.— Andrew Marantz
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?