Definition of predictably
1 : in a manner that can be predicted works quickly and predictably
2 : as one could predict : as one would expect His reaction was predictably negative. From the beginning, we fell predictably into familiar student roles.— Alexandra Fuller Predictably, Southern's fans were not pleased.— Andrew Marantz
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game