Examples of phenomenal in a Sentence
- The catch soared year after year, reaching a peak of 1.6 billion pounds in 1956. But not even the fish's phenomenal fecundity could sustain them under this industrial onslaught. —Bruce Franklin, Mother Jones, March & April 2006
- The region's two main communities are Camden, with its very old money and … five-star restaurants and phenomenal B&Bs, and Rockland, a serious old fishing town that hosts the Festival every summer in historic Harbor Park, right along the water. —David Foster Wallace, Gourmet, August 2004
- Physical prowess aside, the concentration required on the beam is phenomenal. —Jack McCallum, Sports Illustrated, 18 Oct. 2000
- Given his phenomenal poll numbers in a race he has not yet officially entered … —Julia Reed, Vogue, February 1999
the phenomenal growth that the suburb has experienced over the last decade
the phenomenal ability to remember the names of thousands of people
Recent Examples of phenomenal from the Web
To that point, the Oregon freshman had been phenomenal, scoring 13 points, snagging seven rebounds and blocking three shots.
Almost nothing turns out as expected … Investment advisers with records of phenomenal success fail to deliver when your money is on the line.
What’s more, there are phenomenal, quiet roads within an hour’s ride in just about any direction.
His son in turn applied those principles on his path to phenomenal success.
Brennan, a 5-foot-7 libero, had a phenomenal season for the Titans, leading them to a Class 3A supersectional for the second time in the program's history.
Wochit Downtown Detroit's pop-up shops have been swarmed with customers this holiday season and ringing up phenomenal sales, a boon for the city and a win for real-life shopping when online shopping is making all the news.
And finally, to the outstanding professionals at MLB.com, my colleagues since 2000, my behavior should in no way diminish your unmatched ability, your phenomenal track record, and your record setting list of achievements as an organization.
The Chicken Milanese sandwich is phenomenal and the Pasqualina—a greens, ricotta, and egg pie—is mind-blowing.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'phenomenal.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of phenomenal
- material values
- the physical benefits of exercise
- artists have portrayed angels as corporeal beings
- scientists concerned with the phenomenal world
- the earth's rotation is not sensible to us
- no objective evidence of damage
PHENOMENAL Defined for English Language Learners
PHENOMENAL Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up phenomenal? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).