Examples of phenomenal in a Sentence
- The catch soared year after year, reaching a peak of 1.6 billion pounds in 1956. But not even the fish's phenomenal fecundity could sustain them under this industrial onslaught. —Bruce Franklin, Mother Jones, March & April 2006
- The region's two main communities are Camden, with its very old money and … five-star restaurants and phenomenal B&Bs, and Rockland, a serious old fishing town that hosts the Festival every summer in historic Harbor Park, right along the water. —David Foster Wallace, Gourmet, August 2004
- Physical prowess aside, the concentration required on the beam is phenomenal. —Jack McCallum, Sports Illustrated, 18 Oct. 2000
- Given his phenomenal poll numbers in a race he has not yet officially entered … —Julia Reed, Vogue, February 1999
the phenomenal growth that the suburb has experienced over the last decade
the phenomenal ability to remember the names of thousands of people
Recent Examples of phenomenal from the Web
Also on the Delta Blue Stage, Fleet Foxes sounded phenomenal, and again, the rain never bothered us, anyway.
With cameos in The Simpsons and Star Trek, as well as the 2014 biopic of his life The Theory of Everything starring Eddie Redmayne, his influence was phenomenal, even in his later years.
The series is phenomenal, made even better with writer Holly Raychelle Hughes' painfully personal essays about how emotionally disastrous a career in Hollywood can be.
Being able to work with all of them in one year has been phenomenal.
Unfortunately, regular host Ernie Johnson -- phenomenal at keeping the conversation positive and moving -- was not working Tuesday.
Holiday has been phenomenal on both ends, saving Game 1 with some unreal defensive stops and winning Game 2 with clutch shots.
There are some people who train celebrities who are not seasoned, and other trainers who don't train celebrities and are phenomenal.
Smith: The impact of these programs on the climate and culture of a school is phenomenal.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'phenomenal.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of phenomenal
- material values
- the physical benefits of exercise
- artists have portrayed angels as corporeal beings
- scientists concerned with the phenomenal world
- the earth's rotation is not sensible to us
- no objective evidence of damage
PHENOMENAL Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of phenomenal for English Language Learners
: very good or great : unusual in a way that is very impressive
PHENOMENAL Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up phenomenal? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).