Examples of phenomenal in a Sentence
- The catch soared year after year, reaching a peak of 1.6 billion pounds in 1956. But not even the fish's phenomenal fecundity could sustain them under this industrial onslaught. —Bruce Franklin, Mother Jones, March & April 2006
- The region's two main communities are Camden, with its very old money and … five-star restaurants and phenomenal B&Bs, and Rockland, a serious old fishing town that hosts the Festival every summer in historic Harbor Park, right along the water. —David Foster Wallace, Gourmet, August 2004
- Physical prowess aside, the concentration required on the beam is phenomenal. —Jack McCallum, Sports Illustrated, 18 Oct. 2000
- Given his phenomenal poll numbers in a race he has not yet officially entered … —Julia Reed, Vogue, February 1999
the phenomenal growth that the suburb has experienced over the last decade
the phenomenal ability to remember the names of thousands of people
Recent Examples of phenomenal from the Web
Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ rookie Robert Wickens was phenomenal on Saturday in the first oval race of his career.
In the wake of the murders, friends of Krause expressed shock at his alleged actions. Long-time friend Wolfgang Boegel said Krause was a great student and a phenomenal musician who was well-liked by everyone.
Damian Lillard after Trail Blazers topple Clippers 105-96 TOP PERFORMERS Jusuf Nurkic was phenomenal for the Blazers, recording his 23rd double-double of the season with 21 points and 12 rebounds.
According to the Executive Director of the U.S. Association of Cider Makers, Michelle McGrath, cider is a phenomenal food pairing beverage that's lighter and more refreshing than most wines.
Through all the iterations of this piece, the score has always been phenomenal.
Just having some endorsement (by a prominent organization) is phenomenal.
The piece was phenomenal, all the more so because Skoch herself was a survivor of colon cancer.
As a Marine with PTSD in Dito Montiel’s Man Down, his most recent theatrical release, LaBeouf is phenomenal; the problem is everything else.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'phenomenal.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of phenomenal
- material values
- the physical benefits of exercise
- artists have portrayed angels as corporeal beings
- scientists concerned with the phenomenal world
- the earth's rotation is not sensible to us
- no objective evidence of damage
PHENOMENAL Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of phenomenal for English Language Learners
: very good or great : unusual in a way that is very impressive
PHENOMENAL Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up phenomenal? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).