Examples of phenomenal in a Sentence
- The catch soared year after year, reaching a peak of 1.6 billion pounds in 1956. But not even the fish's phenomenal fecundity could sustain them under this industrial onslaught. —Bruce Franklin, Mother Jones, March & April 2006
- The region's two main communities are Camden, with its very old money and … five-star restaurants and phenomenal B&Bs, and Rockland, a serious old fishing town that hosts the Festival every summer in historic Harbor Park, right along the water. —David Foster Wallace, Gourmet, August 2004
- Physical prowess aside, the concentration required on the beam is phenomenal. —Jack McCallum, Sports Illustrated, 18 Oct. 2000
- Given his phenomenal poll numbers in a race he has not yet officially entered … —Julia Reed, Vogue, February 1999
the phenomenal growth that the suburb has experienced over the last decade
the phenomenal ability to remember the names of thousands of people
Recent Examples of phenomenal from the Web
Or try Serbia and still be able to wear red, white and blue (though same with Iceland) and their food is phenomenal.
This stadium’s phenomenal, this whole facility is unbelievable.
And the fact that its proceeds benefit Spelman College students from Jamaica and sub-Saharan African countries is phenomenal.
What is responsible for the phenomenal development of the internet?
Barring phenomenal development from one of their young players, the 2018-19 Kings might be better in the standings but still are likely to finish with a losing record.
Green was phenomenal down the stretch, helping to hold off a late Pelicans run and hitting some very tough shots to close it out.
Ichiro was a phenomenal talent and so so so good for the game.
The Rosewood Puebla has a fantastic rooftop bar with phenomenal views of the smoking Popocatépetl volcano.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'phenomenal.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of phenomenal
- material values
- the physical benefits of exercise
- artists have portrayed angels as corporeal beings
- scientists concerned with the phenomenal world
- the earth's rotation is not sensible to us
- no objective evidence of damage
PHENOMENAL Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of phenomenal for English Language Learners
: very good or great : unusual in a way that is very impressive
PHENOMENAL Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up phenomenal? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).