Definition of overexaggerate
: to exaggerate (something) to an excessive degree overexaggerating the threat/danger/risk Its effect/impact/importance was greatly overexaggerated. Let's face it: we are hardly objective in evaluating ourselves. We overexaggerate both our talents and failings.— Mark Rice-Oxley He yawns, overexaggerating, like a silent screen star.— Marly Swick … Roberts's most disgusting habit threatened to tear their chemistry apart. OK, so maybe we're slightly overexaggerating.— Crystal Bell
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Buck Naked' or 'Butt Naked'?
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game