Definition of overexaggerate
: to exaggerate (something) to an excessive degree overexaggerating the threat/danger/risk Its effect/impact/importance was greatly overexaggerated. Let's face it: we are hardly objective in evaluating ourselves. We overexaggerate both our talents and failings.— Mark Rice-Oxley He yawns, overexaggerating, like a silent screen star.— Marly Swick … Roberts's most disgusting habit threatened to tear their chemistry apart. OK, so maybe we're slightly overexaggerating.— Crystal Bell
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game