Definition of overexcite
: to excite to an excessive degree overexcites the dog simply by walking in the house "Now don't overexcite yourself, Grandpa," Mrs. Bucket said.— Roald Dahl Such drawings are also rather characteristic of Tourette's syndrome—the original form, the original thought, lost in a jungle of embellishment … First the imagination is awakened, then overexcited, to endlessness and excess.— Oliver Sacks
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game