Definition of overexcite
: to excite to an excessive degree overexcites the dog simply by walking in the house "Now don't overexcite yourself, Grandpa," Mrs. Bucket said.— Roald Dahl Such drawings are also rather characteristic of Tourette's syndrome—the original form, the original thought, lost in a jungle of embellishment … First the imagination is awakened, then overexcited, to endlessness and excess.— Oliver Sacks
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game