Definition of overexaggerate
- overexaggerating the threat/danger/risk
- Its effect/impact/importance was greatly overexaggerated.
- Let's face it: we are hardly objective in evaluating ourselves. We overexaggerate both our talents and failings.
- —Mark Rice-Oxley
- He yawns, overexaggerating, like a silent screen star.
- —Marly Swick
- … Roberts's most disgusting habit threatened to tear their chemistry apart. OK, so maybe we're slightly overexaggerating.
- —Crystal Bell
overexaggerationplay \ˌō-vər-ig-ˌza-jə-ˈrā-shən\ noun, plural overexaggerations
- knew his complaint was an overexaggeration
- overexaggerated gestures/claims